Saturday, October 17, 2009

Now this is the Poland I remember.

This week has been entertaining to say the least, and I am looking forward to another fun, if gloomy, weekend. If you didn't already know, it snowed this week in Poland. Not to any great amount, but still, it is only October. And according to Pani Beata (my Polish professor) this is quite unusual. I hope this week did not serve as a foreshadowing of the looming winter to come. Fingers crossed.

On a happy note, I am still as happy as can be in this country despite its bizarre weather trends. Thursday night my dorm "Piast" held an 'integration party.' Basically it was a way for everyone in the dorm to get to know one another. Beer, dancing and eclectic music. woot woot!

As previously mentioned my goal is to not only inform you of my day to day activities, but to educate you on life here in Poland as well.

Today, I leave you with two tips of advice.

Tip 1: Always, always and always give your seat to any Babcia (older woman) that may come onto your tram. Not only is it the nice thing to do, but she will literally stand over you and stare or practically sit on you until you get up and move. I've seen both occur.

Tip 2: Always, always and always give exact change whenever possible. This annoys me to no end. Especially when I am scrambling with whatever I bought at the end of the checkout line. If you don't just give it right away, the cashier will more than likely ask for it anyway. So, when in line get your change purse ready.


Much Love.

1 comment:

  1. It has been strangely "cold" in Florida too. It went from 95 two days ago to the 50s!! It was so drastic a change it felt even worse!!!! And seeing Tip One makes me miss my Babci...

    ReplyDelete