Friday, October 2, 2009

And so it starts....


Last night, after walking around in several circles a couple of us went to a bar in Kazimierz which is the Jewish quarter of the city. The bar was lit with just candles creating a very cozy and comfortable setting. And of course no night in Poland would be complete without some Polish piwo (beer). Getting to know everyone in the program has been interesting. Its nice to hear all the different reasons as to why people decided to come to Poland.

So today I met everyone who is going to be in my Polish language class. There is about ten of us. Its going to be pretty intense. On Monday and Fridays I have class from 8:30am to Noon. Then on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I have class from about Noon to 5:00 pm. All but one focus on the language. I will also be taking a Polish history class!!! Below is a picture of Wawel Hill! This is what I see everyday from my classroom window! Absolutely gorgeous!

Today and the past couple of days have been quite delightful. I've explored the city some more and met some pretty cool people who are in the same program. We went to get some lunch, then went to a place called More Than a Cookie where they have delicious desserts and coffee. For 5 zloty you can get a coffee and if you bring back the same cup you can get free refills all day! I think I found my new heaven. Haha!

There is an Ikea not to far from my dorm so I plan on heading there to get some things to liven up my pretty bleak dorm room.

I'm really excited for classes to start on Monday even though there are going to be pretty intense!! Once they do I will be sure to give updates regarding my progress.

Much love.

Check out pictures on Facebook! I'll also post some more on here too!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous. I expect you to be fully fluent when you return!

    ReplyDelete