Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Eve!

Being home in the United States for a week at Christmas was wonderful. It was nice to be in a country where I actually understood what was going on and felt comfortable. Seeing my family and friends was amazing.
My flight back to Poland was fine... for the most part. LOT airlines lost my luggage, which I convinced myself it was really stolen. I blame my hazy half-asleep comatose state for my delusions of "seeing" my luggage being loaded on the plane in Warsaw.
However, after a few days, I was back to a semi-normal sleeping schedule and my luggage arrived. Hand delivered.

So why did I feel the need to cut my time at home short? Only stay home for week? Because I wanted to be in crazy Krakow for New Years. It was a great night, cold, but filled with excitement. The Rynek (city square) was packed with people. Admittedly mostly full of tourists, but still fun nonetheless. There was a huge concert, fireworks and crazy lights flashing all over the place. I was with several friends and we danced and celebrated the night away. I'm glad I experienced New Year's Eve in Krakow. What I found most hysterical, was the aftermath of the celebrations. By 1 am the crowd significantly lessened and one could grasp the damage made. There were broken bottles, wrappers, and streamers everywhere. It was quite a site, and I feel sorry for those whose job it is to clean up post celebratory trash. In fact, a week later and silver confetti can still be found in the square. Below are some pictures from the night.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year! All the best to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment